Sunday, November 27, 2011

THANKSGIVING

     Below was from my cousin Doug as Vetrans Day post on facebook. 




"My father and my uncle both served in the Navy during WWII. My uncle passed away a few years ago. My uncle and my father both left high school before graduation to help put food on the table during the Depression. After the war they went back to school at the University of Portland. My father earned a philosophy degree and a Fulbright Scholarship and along with my mother spent a year in the Tuscan...y region of Italy. My uncle earned his engineering degree. I remember my uncle trying to tutor me in mathematics, a difficult task at best. My uncle never lost his patience during those tutoring sessions, and those sessions may have reduced anytime he spent in Purgatory. They were identical twins and they married sisters. My brothers and my cousins grew up having two sets of parents. I honor them both on this Veterans Day for their service to our nation, and perhaps most of all to their love of family. Thanks Dad, Thanks Uncle Jack."
   
Uncle Jack is my Dad.  I am truly thankful to have had such great parents.

No comments: